September 17, 2011

Meet Darla



I thought I should put some pictures up of those important in my life, my family.  I am going in order of those that joined first. 

This is Darla.  She is my buddy.  I got her and her brother, Oliver, when they were about 15 weeks old back in 2003.  When they were little they both would try to sleep with me.  I was so scared that I would roll over and crush them I ended up closing the door to my bedroom to keep them out.  Once I allowed her when she got bigger she generally is my nightly companion.  She comes when you whistle to her, but not when you call her by name.  She follows me around the house, and talks to me when I get out of the shower in the morning. 

Like I said, she is my buddy.  She will tolerate Brandon since he shares the bed with her, but she doesn't crawl up and take naps on his lap.  Unfortunately she does not like my step kids all that much.  She hisses and then hides when they try to pick her up, or sometimes when she just walks into a room and they are there not even noticing her.  After 6 years she is starting to come around though.  She likes to watch what is going on, you just are suppose to pretend she isn't there.  Also now that the cats and kids are getting older they are finding ways to bond.  Breanne knows Darla likes to play with a string as long as it is on Darla's terms.  Darla has also found out that Mitchell will brush her if she lets him, and that both of the kids will go out and pick her fresh cat nip if she look at them just right.

She acts a bit like a kitten still, she is a bit of a princess, she likes to cuddle, and has one loud purring motor.


No comments:

Post a Comment