December 17, 2011

The New Look 6802 dress

As you know from an earlier post that I was working on the New Look 6802 dress.  I finished it a while ago, but was never able to get pictures of me in it.  I have worn it several times and have received many compliments off of it.  I absolutely love it.  It is so comfortable and easy to wear.  As you know I did add width to the front panel to make it a little more maternity fitting.  To my surprise it worked out splendidly.  The only thing that I would do differently is make the sleeves a little longer, but I do love how I did the sleeve edges.  I made a narrow hem and put a 1/4" elastic inside so that I wouldn't have to make such a large hem like the pattern called for.


 

Here is me at 6 months along.  I still have room to grow, and the front bodice detail adds a nice accent to flatter even a maternity figure. 

I will most definitely use this pattern again.  I may have to look at other reviews to see how the other options look.  I am scared some of them will look very plain, but I may be proved wrong.  Either way, this pattern is a keeper! 

No comments:

Post a Comment