I was able to get the outer portion of the B5145 coat sewed together. And, yes, this was one of my intended projects for the sew along that I mentioned here that ended several weeks ago, but better late than never. If I can get it finished before the new year I will be a very happy camper.
So, here is my coat at the stage of pinning the lower portion with the bodice, shown inside out also. I had to pad my dress form to adjust to my new figure, it seemed to work well. I did have to modify a few things once I got the original bodice on the dress form. For one, the bodice came down lower than I thought it would, and cut into my higher belly. I ended up removing the darts and it seems to work. Then, from removing the darts the lower front was too narrow to allow for the now even more added room there. Luckily when I cut it I had it flaring out towards the bottom, and even added a few extra inches to the length. I ripped the stitches, lined the two section's hems up (instead of the waist edges as before) and sewed from there. As you can see on the top picture I do have a little extra fabric on the front interfacing at the waistline now, but that is easily taken care of with a pair of scissors.
It also was nice to add the back panel on when it was on the dress form. It made getting the pleat even and centered a breeze. I must say that the coat does look better on me than on the dress form, which is how I prefer it being rather than the other way around.
I now have managed to get it all sewed together, added the sleeves, and even started to add the interlining. That will be my project for the next few days since it consists of sewing each section of lining to the seam edges of the outer coat. But, little by little I am getting a nice warm winter coat that will fit me and the baby!