While I have not been able to complete anything, I have been working on a New Look 6802 dress that I have modified slightly to fit me during maternity. I am doing the pattern as what the model is wearing, but with long sleeves.
I cut the dress a size 14 for the top out of a mottled brown/grey/and black sweater knit from Haberman Fabrics. I am usually a size 4 on top and 6 on bottom in ready-to-wear, but the 14 was closest to my measurements when rounding up. Since I know my chest and belly will be growing I errored on the side of large knowing I will shortly fill it in. On the skirt front panel I also cut the largest size available and added about an inch narrowing to the hip line. This added extra gathers to the front section for growing room.
I am finished with the body portion. I have yet to set in the sleeves and and hem the skirt. For modifications to the pattern directions I added a double bias tape on the neckline instead of a facing. I am also going to modify the end of the sleeves to have little ties that will use the bias tape.
The fit so far is PERFECT! With the knit I am comfortable and not constrained in my belly. The cut of the pattern is flattering for maternity. I am hoping that after the baby is born I can remove the skirt and revise it to be a non-maternity dress that is just as flattering.
I will of course post a finished picture when I am done!