June 19, 2013

VOGUEknitting Crochet 2013

VOGUEknitting Crochet

For my birthday I received the new crochet issue of VOGUEknitting from my mom.  It has some great articles in it.  My favorite is about Toshiko Horiuchi MacAdam and her play structures.  Truly amazing and inspiring.  The patterns I liked, but most I think I would not wear.  Most of the dresses in the Red Hot in Rio section look like swimsuit cover ups and had see through sections.

 


My favorite pattern comes from the Pretty Chic collection by Pat Olski.  I love the way that the cardigan is made from side to side, instead of the typical top down or bottom up you see with a wave/scallop pattern.  The delicateness of the stitches but still with structure is also a great balance.  A wearable piece that is also inspiring at the same time. 


The other sections of patterns were ok.  Nothing that caught my eye to make, and sometimes the model's hair, other outfit, color of the yarn, and backdrop was more distracting for me than paying attention to what was actually being shown. 

All in all, I found the articles to be much more inspiring than 2012, but just don't think the patterns were shown as great as they were last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment