April 23, 2012

Master Crochet Samples in Progress


So here is picture of the samples for the Crochet Guild of America Master's Program.  I have been working on it the past few days now that I am getting crochet time during Sylvia's nap time.  The program consists of creating 48 samples, I am working on number 36 now.  As you can see I have not woven in any of the ends, a part that I do not like.  Maybe once I get all of the samples done I will get Season 4 of "Mad Men" and have a weaving marathon.  That would make the boredom and painfulness from the task a little easier to handle for me. 

As to the types of samples, some are very basic like how many options there is to work stitches into a foundation chain, while others are more advanced like the bobbles and baskets.  I have learned several things from doing this already, like that I am a tight crocheter as I blogged here, and some new stitch patterns that I had not used before in projects before.  I am excited about the last swatches I am working on since they are starting to get into more advanced and less used techniques.  I think once I am done the finished collection will be very useful in the future to remind myself there are more stitches and patterns than just the standard sc, hdc, and dc in a row.  Already well worth the money for the program in my opinion, which makes me very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment