March 16, 2012

Lion Brand Simple Crochet Shrug


I made this in the end of 2010.  It is such an easy pattern, and so comfortable.  It also is easy to dress up or down.  I am likely to also grab this in the summer to take into restaurants since I am usually freezing when they have the air conditioning blasting. 

Like I mentioned on Saturday, I have been looking at the recent fashion reports and have been seeing almost two distinct types of female fashion forms.  The form fitting structured garments and a more relaxed and flowing style that have a lot more wearing ease.  From seeing some of the designers' collections I am now wondering if I want to make something similar to this, but maybe with different proportions, texture, and color.  This Lion Brand pattern is a rectangle that is sewn on two sides except for the areas of the sleeves.  Any shaping I would add would greatly change it and be so easy to add.  I guess this is just another one of the designs to add to my list of things I want to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment